For the past month since we returned from Kilimanjaro, we’ve been pondering future destinations deeply – and now we’ve got our short list of 2018 adventure travel destinations in order!
- Early March – New Orleans, Louisiana – Riverboat dinner cruise
- End of June into July – Portland, Oregon – hiking Mount Saint Helens
- End of September – Gulf Shores, Alabama – Beach bums and snowbirds
- December or January – Tulum, Mexico – Beach and Mayan ruins
Some ideas that have been pushed back to 2019 or beyond include
- Paraguay – just because nobody ever goes to Paraguay or knows anything about it. I’d like to explore Defensores Del Chaco National Park – don’t know if that is permitted or even what it would take logistically, but I think it’d be interesting.
- Something Mediterranean – maybe Montenegro or Turkey (wouldn’t it be awesome to walk around the ruins at Troia!)
- Panama – we’ve got some buddies there that I bet could come up with something interesting for us to do for a couple of weeks!
- Return to Table Rock, North Carolina – It’s been about 15 years since last we clambered up that particular mountain, and it’s getting to be time for a return!