The Roaming Parkers have their long-term “eventually” bucket lists like this batch of adventures or this one. Until about 18 months ago, Kilimanjaro was probably the most vague thing on that list but here in 3 days we’re going to pull the trigger on that one!
In addition to the long-term, eventually, vague list, we are constantly saying things like, “You know, we should go to…” or “Hey, it’d be fun to do …” and some of these things make it onto a more near-term, less vague list. Not quite a “wild hair” spontaneous list, but sort of between wild hair and eventually.
Let’s look at some of the things that are on the in-between list – many of which we might be able to get to in 2018…
- Climbing some of the easier 14ers (Grey’s Peak, Torrey’s Peak…) in Colorado
- Hiking Chickamauga Battlefield and Lookout Mountain
- Backpacking Richardson’s and Talley Creeks at Homochitto National Forest (again)
- New Orleans Riverboat dinner cruise
- Backpacking the Wild Azalea Trail in Louisiana
- Al Scheller compass hike at Vicksburg Battlefield
- Canoe-packing the Bogue Chitto from Holmesville to Franklinton
- Canoeing the Mississippi from Vicksburg to Natchez