Today the Roaming Parkers are pleased to have a guest post with an infographic and some additional resources from Aurora James at DogEtiquette.info about bringing your dog camping with you! Aurora believes there are no bad dogs. She created DogEtiquette.info to share her dog training tips and advice to dog owners everywhere. She enjoys teaching dogs the etiquette to be a “good dog” wherever they go. She shares her dog training knowledge at DogEtiquette.info.
When you go camping, you are communing with nature, making yourself a part of the natural world like an early explorer. Your dog would love to be there, too. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have your four-legged best friend sniffing along the trail with you? Take a few safety precautions and you’ll have an excellent time!
Additional resources for camping with your dog
- Is my pet ready for an outdoor excursion?
- How do I check for injuries on my dog?
- How do I check for ticks on my pet?
- Heatstroke in my dog: what do I need to know?
- How do I find dog-friendly campsites and important regulations?
- What are the potential camping-related dangers?
- What are some other great outdoor adventures for me and my pup?
- What packing checklist should I follow?
- What should I put in my dog’s first aid kit?
- Is a collar or harness best for my dog during our camping trip?
Camping is better with your dog!
So now that you know how to be safe, start planning your next trip with your pal. He’ll love swimming in lakes, helping you fish, hiking the trails and chilling by the campfire. At the end of the day, he’ll curl up next to you in your tent and keep you warm.