- 5 Grand Adventures from the Roaming Parkers’ bucket list
- The 100 calorie per ounce rule to help you when you’re preparing for a backpacking trip
- Why the search for Nessie or Bigfoot or our very own Chatawa Monster might not be a total waste of time!
But as great as the Roaming Parkers blog is, it isn’t the final word on any of the topics it covers. Here are 7 articles from across the interwebs that we found really interesting this past week.
This past week in Travel has been marked by a lot of fluctuations in European travel as anti-tourism protests swept southern Europe followed by a terrorist attack in Spain. Southern Europe and north Africa are on the Roaming Parkers long-term to-do list, so this is a topic of perpetual interest to us.
- Is Morocco safe after terror attack in Barcelona?
- Is Europe still a safe travel destination?
- What does travel insurance cover?
Among our bucket list grand adventures are some unrealized plans to go backpacking at the Grand Canyon, perhaps a North Kaibab trek or a R2R, so the following articles on backpacking caught our attention.
- How to backpack in popular National Parks
- Some lessons worth learning from a backpacking trip that went down the tubes
One of the Roaming Parkers’ pet projects is the war against plastic trash, and particularly throwaway plastic water bottles, so naturally we were dismayed by this news article.
We don’t consider any of these junk food joints as actually selling food. It’s taken us quite a while to convince our kids that these places actually sell nasty, inedible poison – but having said that…
- Here are the top 10 places to get excellent customer service experience with your toxic food-like poison.